Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Precog Import Error

From: John Malsbury
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Precog Import Error
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:53:46 -0700

Jay,

Looks like I need a patch.  Standby.

-John

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Jay Prakash <address@hidden> wrote:
I have installed the extras and precog as per wiki.
The gnuradio-comapnion extras blocks are working fine.

But when I try to run precog modules given there is error:-

GRAS: The debug asserts are enabled. <<<
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/precog/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from simple_mac import simple_mac
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/precog/simple_mac.py", line 29, in <module>
    import gnuradio.extras #brings in gr.block
ImportError: No module named extras

I tried from gnuradio import extras and import gnuradio.extras both.
ImportError: No module named extras

My paths are:-

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib/

And I cross checked these folders and they are available at correct locations.

Precog blocks in companion is also not working while extras blocks are doing fine!  And it says no module named extra!!

Jay