[Discuss-gnuradio] Which block architecture to choose?

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which block architecture to choose?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:39:55 +0000 (UTC)

I'm working on a few blocks specific to small-scale radio astronomy, and one I want to build should be relatively simple.

It takes a vector as input--typically a vector of FFT magnitudes.

It produces multiple output streams, each stream is the sum of a subset of the bins in the FFT vector, with the ability to dynamically configure which subset sums belong to which output stream.

I'm thinking gr_sync_block is the right class to use, since this block would produce an output on the streams every time an input vector is presented.

But any further guidance would be welcomed.