Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined symbol error

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined symbol error
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:38:33 +0200

Hi,

I am using 3.6 style.
And the problem is due to inline functions. Why? In some other blocks I have inline functions?

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Nemanja Savic <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today I got really strange problem. Everything was in perfect order, I was
> designing a new block, and when finished I tried to test it, but the
> following error came:
>
>> ImportError: /home/savi_ne/work/gnuradio/gr-test/build/swig/_test_swig.so:
>> undefined symbol: _ZN20test_synchro14enter_have_sofEv
>

> And what is the most important the error comes for the block called synchro
> which i designed few days ago and even this morning it was passing test.
> I use RHEL6. Tried with deleting everything and building again, also the
> same block with the different name. There are two or three posts on this
> problem, quite old and without solution.
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> Nemanja Savić

Are you using the 3.7 API style or 3.6?

These errors usually occur because of a missing piece in your SWIG .i
file. Or you might have accidentally removed something from your
public header file. Just walk through the files of this block again to
make sure that the 'enter_have_sof' is properly defined everywhere.
I'm sure it's something simple that's missing.

Tom

--
Nemanja Savić