[Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring RSS during packet reception

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring RSS during packet reception
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:23:33 +0200

Hi again gnuradioers,

as always, I would like to ask for your opinion before starting to write my own block.
Basically, I would like to add a feature to my receiver to be able to calculate average signal strength during signal reception. When I receive a valid packet I would like to have a RSS value. My question is what is the best way to accomplish this in GNURADIO? Using tags or messages, ...? IS there anything similar already provided so that I can take a look?

Thank you and best

--
Nemanja Savić