[Discuss-gnuradio] GRAS flow control from work function

From: devin . butterfield
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRAS flow control from work function
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:43:32 -0700

Hi,

I'm using gras for my application and my custom block needs to be able to do a blocking read to get data from an external source. With the standard scheduler I used a non blocking read in a polling loop with an interruptable sleep and this worked Ok. Do I need to do it this way with gras or can I get away with with blocking?

Another thing my block must do is stop the flow graph if its external source has signaled that it is done. I did this with the standard scheduler by returning WORK_DONE. How should this be done with gras?

Thanks.
--
Regards, Devin