Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot find Sphinx manual in 3.7

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot find Sphinx manual in 3.7
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:16:25 -0400

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Yasmeen, Aneela
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just upgraded my GNU Radio version from 3.6.5 to 3.7. I am getting
> trouble in finding the Sphinx manual for documentation of GRC blocks e.g. I
> cannot find the genindex.html file in my system. Am I missing something?
>
> Aneela

Aneela,

You can't (yet) just have the Sphinx manual built during the regular
build process. The steps you need to take are:

$ cd build
$ make
$ make install
$ ./run_sphinx_build.sh

This will run sphinx based on the installed version of GNU Radio and
put it into build/docs/sphinx/sphinx_out.

There's work to improve this so that we can run the Sphinx generation
during make so you don't have to worry about this.

Tom