Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs building 3.6.5.1 - swapping and out of vi

From: Tim Newman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs building 3.6.5.1 - swapping and out of virtual memory
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:46:25 -0400

By default pybombs runs make with the "-j4" option, allowing it to compile things in parallel.  This typically helps the compile go quicker.  I certainly wouldnt expect the gnuradio compile to have issues like this, but you could edit the gnuradio recipe to force it not to use the "-j4" option by adding:

make {
    make
}

This basically overwrites the template pybombs uses for the make stage, which uses the "-j4" by default. It will result in a longer compile time, and again I wouldnt expect a machine with 4GB of RAM to have any problems, even with that option, but its something to try.

Tim