[Discuss-gnuradio] Zeroing out packets at RX2 if transmitted by own RFX9

From: Amy Kumar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Zeroing out packets at RX2 if transmitted by own RFX900's TX/RX
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 16:12:25 -0500

Hi

My goal is that when the USRP N200 R4 is transmitting packets, the receive antenna on it's own daughterboard should not receive the transmitted packets.

For this, I am trying to zero out the samples of packets(GMSK) received by the RX2 antenna (on RFX900 daughterboard ) precisely for the duration of time when the TX/RX antenna is transmitting packets, by modifying the FPGA image.

There are certain subtle points I need to take care of:

1) My understanding is that 'tx_run' will give a '1' for the time duration between 'sob' and 'eob' as encountered by the FPGA.
Am I right or wrong ?

2) If I try to zero out the incoming received samples at RX2 during this duration(when tx_run=1), it will not solve the purpose because the time by when the packet/signal is actually transmitted in air by the TX/RX antenna, by that time the zeroing out at RX2 would have stopped (as tx_run is no longer '1').
Am I right or wrong ?

What would be the best way to do this?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Amy