Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Streaming Funcube Dongle Pro+ over UDP

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Streaming Funcube Dongle Pro+ over UDP
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:48:44 +0200

Hi Vanush,

I was not aware of the gr-fcdproplus project; however, in practice, the only
difference is really the 192k sampling rate of that audio device (I can't
really see why the dl1ksv did not patch that functionality into gr-fcd, but
that's completely his choice. It's easier, anyway, to isolate all that control
device handling into a hardware-specific source).

Let's assume you have your file source that reads the 16 (signed) integers coming from
the sound card; that file source should have "short" set as its output type
(that's 16 bit :) ), as it simply reads raw bytes.
You convert those using "short to float";
I and Q samples are interleaved. So you take "Deinterleave", get two parallel
float-streams.
These, you combine using float to complex.
Quite straightforward :)

Greetings,

Marcus