Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon13 Hardware Giveaway!

From: Ian Buckley
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon13 Hardware Giveaway!
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:21:09 -0700

> It's also interesting to see that 3 out of 5 are LMS6002D based
> hardware. This chip sure gets around ...

Well the reason why it "gets around" is that it's done poorly competitively
against other devices in the top tier customer accounts, thus they are force to
scratch around and find any possible business. Sadly for us the nature of this
segment of the Semiconductor market is such that the most successful
manufacturers know who their major target customers are and are focused solely
on winning their business, whilst maintaining almost paranoid design security
in the process in what they perceive as a very competitive space. We have to be
realistic that we, as a market segment are both tiny, and built around a core
principal of extensive public technical information disclosure, and that closes
the door to access some technologies.

-Ian