Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF - gr-osmosdr - gqrx - bandwidth?

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF - gr-osmosdr - gqrx - bandwidth?
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:32:09 +0200

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using bladeRF with gr-osmosdr, gnuradio 3.7 and gqrx, so far a fine
> radio. One thing, when using gqrx...I am limited to USB2.0 at the moment, so
> I use a sampling rate of 8 Ms/s, and in this mode I have big problems with
> images from the neighbour frequencies that are still within the 26 MHz
> bandwidth, or whatever the maximum BW is.
>
> Is there some command to set this bandwidth to a smaller value? I assume
> that this would improve my RX experience a lot :) A quick look at osmocom
> showed me nothing, but maybe I missed smth.

Ralph,

I think the hardware supports down to 1 MHz analog bandwidth and
gr-osmosdr also has support for that parameter, though I don't know
whether the driver actually provides it. I can tell you for sure that
gqrx does not support it yet, but you can try it in the
gnuradio-companion.

Alex