Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF - gr-osmosdr - gqrx - bandwidth?

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF - gr-osmosdr - gqrx - bandwidth?
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 10:14:16 +0200

> Probably gqrx or gr-osmosdr treats the gain as a continuous value even though
> on the LMS it's not, there is only a few discrete value.
> They should be harmless warnings.

Yep, just wanted to mention it

I played a bit more, and I found that checking the iq balance option makes
things worse, not better. Maybe the real huge center DC peak is too much?
Without iq balance checked it looks so far OK, much better than without the
adjustable filter, and the previously mentioned situation around 800 MHz is a
bit unfair - I found that right below the LTE band there is a strong 785 MHz
DVB-T transmitter that mixes things up a bit. Outside the GSM 900 and 1800
bands the spurs (spurs? Signals almost as fat as the original ones!) seem gone
with properly adjusted filter.

Here some screenshots, taken with 10cm of wire directly plugged into the
bladeRF; sitting on my table :)

http://dk5ras.dyndns.org/screenshots/

> Cheers,
>
>    Sylvain