[Discuss-gnuradio] More "wishes" for GRC

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] More "wishes" for GRC
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 20:12:35 -0400

It would be convenient (well, beyond convenient, actually), if there were a way to do init-time (not necessarily post-flowgraph-start) flow-graph reconfiguration at run-time. There's currently a "disable" control within GRC, but that's a compile-time thing.

It would be nice to have a single flow-graph that has a few minor variants, which can be requested at init-time.

For example, my simple_ra tool would be better if one could ask for differential (two hardware sources) mode, or interferometer mode. Right now, I have to use separate flow-graphs to do that, and managing architectural changes among multiple flow-graphs that all share
  a "core architecture" is a bit of a pain.

Also, unrelated to that, and I think I've raised this before. A gating control on a file-sink would be great. Either a dynamically-changeable parameter, or a separate "gating" input stream. Dynamically changeable parameter seems like the least-disruptive thing to do if keeping the existing filesink. It would default to "True", so if you don't use that parameter, it behaves as it now does.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator