Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time synchronization between two USRPs without ex

From: Harry Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time synchronization between two USRPs without external signal
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 21:12:21 +0800

Dear Miklos,
    Thank you for your inspiring reply.
1.I do think this method sounds like a receiver-receiver sync while sync message's transmitter A also doing beacon node C's function ( (1)sending sync message and (2)recording receive time which would be sended to B for sync).Is it correct?
    2.For 1us accuracy, does it mean the sample rate must be more than 1e6?
3.Does "close to zero samples" means the sample_rate*sample_offset produces larger error when I use it for getting sync message's receive time? 4.The 1us is the jitter caused by sample duration.What about the jitter produced by tx/rx tags? I do think 160us is mainly caused by the difference between actual time when message leaving/arriving antenna and tx/rx tags's time.What's your opinion?

Best,
Harry