Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is there a way to get already progra mmed blocks?

From: mhorvat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is there a way to get already progra mmed blocks?
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:53:20 -0700

Ok I followed the instructions for installing gnuradio on https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/Getting-Started%3A-Linux. The commands go as follows.

$ mkdir -p ~/sandbox/gnuradio-builds $ cd ~/sandbox/gnuradio-builds $ wget http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio $ chmod +x ./build-gnuradio $ ./build-gnuradio -m prereqs gitfetch

$ cd ~/sandbox/gnuradio-builds/gnuradio/ $ git checkout -b git-v3.7.1 v3.7.1 $ mkdir build $ cd build $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git ../ $ make && sudo make install

$sudo kwrite /etc/profile.d/gnuradio.sh

Put the following in the created file:

#!/bin/bash # Add GNU Radio binaries to the search path export PATH=$PATH:/opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git/bin # Add GNU Radio python libraries to python search path if [ $PYTHONPATH ]; then export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git/lib/python2.7/dist-packages else export PYTHONPATH=/opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git/lib/python2.7/dist-packages fi

$sudo kwrite /etc/ld.so.conf.d/gnuradio.conf

Put the following in the created file:

/opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git/lib

$ sudo ldconfig -v | grep gnuradio

Now for Osmosdr

$ cd ~/sandbox/gnuradio-builds/gr-osmosdr $ mkdir build $ cd build $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git ../ $ make && sudo make install && sudo ldconfig

These are the steps I followed, I'm not sure why the QT and WX blocks don't appear. I saw that somebody sent in a concern about QT being disabled because gnuradio only runs on versions qt4.40-4.8.4.
So I installed version qt4.8.4 and changed the system default to be 4.8.4 instead of 5.0.1. Unfortunately this did not help my situation. Any further suggestions?

Regards,

Michael A. Horvat