Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor : New RTSA-like visualization block fo

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor : New RTSA-like visualization block for GNURadio using GPU acceleration
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 23:14:36 +0100

Hi Nick,

I've just pushed all the things that were pending in my tree, which
include the sample rate awareness, configurable FFT windows and
various fixes / refactor for more things to come.

> Great! Glad to hear it. You might still take a look at the changes to gl.c,
> as they're orthogonal to your reorganization and it adds a nice autoranging
> sample rate text and legend.

I looked at it and improved on it to support displaying the center
frequency as well and switch automatically between several display
modes depending on what's available (span/center) and their relative
relation to one another.

> That's fine. Really it was just a matter of a poor user experience -- when
> the Python OpenGL bindings aren't there, the WX import fails in __init__.py,
> and all the user sees is "no block named wx_core_c". Perhaps a better
> failure message in __init__.py is all that's needed.

I improved the error reporting. If the import failed, it keeps the
stack trace and exception but doesn't display them at first. But if
you try to actually instanciate the WX version, then, it will display
the error and matching stack trace so that you know what went wrong.

Cheers,

    Sylvain