Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Has anyone successfully used the Analog Devices H

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Has anyone successfully used the Analog Devices HSC-ADC-EVALCZ board with GNU Radio?
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 11:06:04 -0800

On 11/16/2013 10:52 AM, Ed Troy wrote:

> Hi, I have an Analog Devices HSC-ADC-EVALCZ evaluation board that is
> tied to an Analog Devices AD9268-125 dual channel, 125 MSPS A/D
> converter board. (That board is also from Analog Devices and the two
> work together as a complete RF input to USB output development
> system.) It would seem to be an ideal platform for GNU-radio, at
> least for signals below 50 MHz or so without needing any frequency
> conversion. I would like to be able to use this with the GNU radio
> software but I don't think the necessary drivers are available. Am I
> correct, or can this evaluation setup be used with GNU radio?

It is unlikely that drivers exist for this; however, one could reverse
engineer the VisualAnalog <-> USB interface (or ask ADI to publish the
protocol), then wrap a GNU Radio source around that.  Alternatively, one
could modify the FPGA code (if published) to implement their own USB
control and transport protocol, then write the GNU Radio host wrapper
around that.

--
Johnathan Corgan, Corgan Labs
SDR Training and Development Services