[Discuss-gnuradio] Can no longer build packages for PPA

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can no longer build packages for PPA
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 12:24:59 +0100

Greetings,

Lately, I have been having increasing difficulties with building
gnuradio successfully on the Ubuntu PPA builders. I think the problems
is that the builds run in emulated environments and the builder is not
as powerful as a modern desktop. Consequently, it will die on one of
the swig files, either because of a 150 minutes timeout or it simply
runs out of memory.

Initially, I only had this problem for some armhf builds and ignored
it, but now with 3.7.2.1 amd64 builds are failing too :(
This could be due to reorganization of the build hosts but it is
pretty much out of my control. I can try to request a rebuild hoping
for a different build host from the pool, but it is a 10-15 hour wait
and so far didn't help.

Is there anything we can do in the gnuradio end to improve this?

Alex