Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install: qa_volk_test_all fails on armv7

From: Monahan-Mitchell, Tim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install: qa_volk_test_all fails on armv7
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 20:13:20 +0000

>> The volk test is failing on my gnuradio build on a Beaglebone Black
>> (armv7h) running Arch Linux Arm.
>>
>> # make test
>> start   1: qa_volk_test_all
>> *** 2 failures detected in test suite "Master Test Suite"1/177 Test   #1:
>> qa_volk_test_all .....................***Failed    9.88 sec

>> Full output of ctest -V _R qa_volk_test_all is attatched.

> which version of GNU Radio? These bugs were fixed on Nov. 19 and will be a
> part of the 3.7.2.1 release.
> See bugs #582 and #583 on our Issues page.
> Tom

After pulling the latest GR code (as of Dec 1) and doing a fresh build, my
ARMv7 target's ctest output for qa_volk_test_all matches what Ken attached in
the first message of this thread. So there is something still going on here. Is
it possible some external component needs to be updated, that is outside of
what's in the GR git tree?

The output I originally logged in Bug #583 differs from our latest results, but
the behavior is the same (in1/in2 values appear to match).

The output I originally logged in Bug #582 (for ARM target) remains the same
(in1/in2 values differ by 1).

Regards,
Tim