Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Companion "PAUSE"

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Companion "PAUSE"
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 08:15:17 +0100

Hi Paul,

couldn't let that comment sit around long.

Though, if I put two and two togehter, I'd say since you've been
asking what error 28 indicates, it has even nothing much to do with
computing capabilities of your computer. Just a shortage of
sufficiently fast storage.
As an complacent linux user, by the way, I'd assume that you'll be off
as good as with a RAM disk enlarging your filesystem write buffers,
without running into system errors (28). That would most probably
re-introduce overruns, though. But that's how it is -- just get some
RAM, and record not more data than fits in there; or get a fast
storage system that can take the 8 bytes per sample.

Please, try to solve one problem with us at a time, I'm starting to
feel that discuss-gnuradio is doing your dev job.

Greetings, and happy hacking
Marcus