Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Link libraries to a OOT block

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Link libraries to a OOT block
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 15:24:45 +0100

On Sat, Dec 07, 2013 at 08:40:45PM -0500, James Austin wrote:
> I'm a long time Windows programmer trying to write a gnuradio module to
> improve
> my Linux development skills.
>
> I created a gnuradio module following the tutorial that just sends dummy data
> back to gnuradio. That works fine, I can plot the dummy data in my flowgraph
> and it works and displays as expected.
>
> I also created a static library that produces data, no reason I can't make it
> shared library if that is the solution.
>
> My problem is trying to get the gnuradio module to link against the static
> library, so that the data produced by this library can be fed into gnuradio. I
> haven't been able to figure out the cmake magic to make this happen. I get a
> variety of error messages on everything I try.
>
> Does anyone have any hints to get me past this?

Hey Jim,

you're not giving us much to work on here. You might want to specify
what exactly you're linking to, and what you've tried.

What you're trying to do seems like a cmake problem, so checking cmake
tutorials (unrelated to GNU Radio) might help.

Most often, you want your C++ blocks to access some library. This would
mean editing the lib/CMakeLists.txt file to make sure you're linking to
the right libs.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)