[Discuss-gnuradio] OOT enums

From: Michael Berman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT enums
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:07:22 -0800

I am trying to access a C++ enumeration within an OOT module from a python instance of my OOT.  When I try to run my python code it cannot find the enumeration.

My OOT module is called pll_freq_phase_det_cf and is included in python as:
from pll_freq_phase_det_cf import pll_freq_phase_det_cf

The C++ enum is defined in the public section of the object class definition in the include header and looks like:
      enum ld_determination {
        USE_NONE = 0, USE_PHASE_THRESHOLD = 1, USE_SIG_THRESHOLD = 2, USE_ALL = 3, USE_FULL = USE_ALL
      };

I would expect to be able to reference this from my python code like "pll_freq_phase_det_cf.USE_ALL", but the python interpreter cannot find a reference to this.

I have looked at gr-filter firdes windowing enum and I do not see anything special about how this was declared, or within any CMake or swig files for this, so I do not know where to go from here.

I have also looked at the python files in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages for my OOT and firdes and see no differences between how the enum values look (besides the names obviously being different...).

Thank you very much,

Michael Berman