[Discuss-gnuradio] Integrate block outputting inconsistent results.

From: Miguel Duarte
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Integrate block outputting inconsistent results.
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 23:10:45 +0000

I hope this doesn't start a new thread. I wanted to answer on my thread but I didn't get my own message on my inbox so.. I hope it works.

I ended up getting what was wrong, and I feel ashamed on so many levels, I'm sorry. I was using complex data. Damn.

Anyway, after changing everything, it all works as expected. So I delved a little into what was causing my troubles initially.

It seems that my top block class "refuses" to be instanced twice, with two different identifiers.

So let's say I have a

class detector(grc_wxgui.top_block_gui)
       def __init__(self, options):

Where I start an instance A with a certain set of options and an instance B with other options.

I do:
A = detector(options)
A.start()
time.sleep(x)
A.stop()

change options

B = detector(options)
B.start()
time.sleep(x)
B.stop()

I have a file sink in the flow graph. With instance A it writes everything, with instance B it doesn't. Nothing is changing the top block, and even with the options parameter switched only A works.

Is there something in this new release which prevents this from working?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel.