[Discuss-gnuradio] Services running on gnuradio.org have been upgraded

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Services running on gnuradio.org have been upgraded
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:05:58 -0800

All,

Tom and I have migrated all the services for gnuradio.org onto a new
server.  Almost everything is unchanged, except for running newer
versions of all the software, including the Redmine web server software.

Some exceptions:

* The repository browsing service at http://gnuradio.org/cgit has now
been migrated to http://gnuradio.org/gitweb, and has a different look
and feel.  Some configuration remains to make the interface look like
the rest of gnuradio.org.

* Tom and I are using a different git system for pushing to the
repositories (now gitolite vs. the older gitosis), so the commit
messages to commit-gnuradio will look different and are much more verbose.

* We now have a CAPTCHA system in place for signing up new users, which
we are still working the kinks out of.  But this will allow new web
accounts to be automatically upgraded to allow posting of issues and
wiki edits.

Aside from the above, you should not see any difference in URLs or
functionality.  The new Redmine has a few new bells and whistles but
nothing that requires relearning the interface.

Please post here if you run into any issues.

Thank you.

--
Johnathan Corgan, Corgan Labs
SDR Training and Development Services