Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] git access to UHD through http ?

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] git access to UHD through http ?
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:25:59 -0500

On 01/05/2014 10:50 AM, Jean-Michel FRIEDT wrote:
> not sure if this issue is relevant to the mailing list:
> while running the tutorial at
> https://github.com/balister/oe-gnuradio-manifest
> which aims at recovering all tools needed to build an image for an embedded
> architecture, intensive requests to git are performed to fetch all the
> source
> codes.
> Although it all works fine from home,  I am now building this image from a
> computer at work which is behind a firewall only allowing http and https
> request,  no ftp:// nor git://
> Most, if not all, git requests could be satisfied by converting the git://
> and ftp:// requests to https:// through the insteadOf option of git. All
> but one, hence my request to this list: uhd-1_3.5.3-r3.0 seems only
> accessible
> by git request, while http or https requests fail with a login/password
> prompt
> (eg http://ettus.sourcerepo.com/ettus/uhd.git or the same url with https
> request).
> Is there a way to recover this archive without a git:// request ?

First, read this:
https://www.yoctoproject.org/blogs/sgarman/2011/proxy-problem and the
web page it refers to.

The existing UHD recipe refers to sourcerepo, which is about to go away
:) I have an update in process for UHD in meta-sdr, but I am waiting for
3.6.2 before pushing it. UHD is on github now, so you should be able to
change the SRC_URI to get it from there.

Philip