Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-rds

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-rds
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:03:01 -0500

Hi Ulf - If this is still an issue, here's my US$0.02 worth:

Yes: Python can't find the module.  If you installed into /opt/local, then I
agree with Bastian that the RDS Python related files were probably installed
into /opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages .  If you look in that directory do
you see any obviously named files?

I -highly- recommend against setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in your standard shell
environment ... it will eventually lead to headaches.  The only reasonable time
to use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is when running a script to do local testing /
execution ... for example, CMake does this in "make test", such that locally
created libraries are found ahead of already installed ones.

That said, I'd bet that the issue is that CMake is not linking the RDS
library/ies correctly.  You can check this if you can find the .so and/or
.dylib created by this project (e.g.,
{{{
find . -name "*.dylib"
}}}
when you're in the RDS build directory; substitute ".so" for ".dylib" to look
for the other type.  Then, once they are found, do "otool -L <filename>" to see
what the linkage is.  I'll bet that either the self-id (the first entry; should
be the exact filename including path as the actual library file), or one of the
linked-to libraries is not correct.

CMake has settings to correct that, which I can pass on if this is the issue;
it's an easy fix to some CMakeLists.txt files.

Hope this helps! - MLD
--
Michael Dickens, Mac OS X Programmer
Ettus Research Technical Support