Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot see my custom blocks in GRC

From: Jeroen Boschma
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot see my custom blocks in GRC
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 17:50:43 +0100

On 18-1-2014 16:45, Martin Braun wrote:
On 01/17/2014 05:05 PM, address@hidden wrote:
For some reason I can't get it to work... I added the env var manually:

    export GRC_BLOCKS_PATH=/usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks

which did not seem to work (although that folder contains my xml-files
of both blocks).

Then I did a search for the config.conf file which isn't on my file
system, so I created one in ~/.grc_gnuradio (I have no ~/.gnuradio
folder...):

   [grc]
   local_blocks_path=/usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks

No result... What do I do wrong?
Assuming you've double-checked the paths, there's always the possibility
that your XMLs are borked. If you run gnuradio-companion in the command
line, do you see any errors or warnings corresponding to your block?

If you're sure you're blocks work, test if it's really a pathing problem
by manually copying the blocks to /usr/share[..] and see if they turn up
in GRC.

MB