Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NTSC Modulation?

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NTSC Modulation?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:44:46 +0100

On 29.01.2014 09:48, Jordan Johnson wrote:
Googling around and was wondering if anyone has managed to get NTSC
(Analog TV) modulation working in GNURadio. I have ATSC up and going,
but would like to do some analog stuff too as my old exciter is junk. If
not, where do I start?

Googling around gives me this: http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.radio.general/2005-01/msg00029.html
Seems that Martin DvH has already done something similar.

Also, where to start depends on where you are now.

- Is your hardware setup fine? I.e. can you get a good NTSC signal into your machine?
- How well do you know GNU Radio and signal processing?

In general, I think a gr-ntsc would be interesting. Have a look at the tutorials on how to write an OOT-module. If you have more specific questions, just come back to this thread.

MB