Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] can't read fir taps

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] can't read fir taps
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:10:17 -0500

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Nemanja Savic <address@hidden> wrote:
> After a few more tries to figure out how this works I realized that method
> taps() can return list of coefficients only if set_taps was called before
> for setting taps. In the constructor of filter set_taps is not called, so my
> question is which taps does filter use?

It uses those taps, but it looks like it doesn't set a variable inside
to hold them until you call set_taps on it. The fir filter blocks
encapsulate another fir kernel, which is where the real taps are
actually stored. When you create your FIR filter, the taps are being
set correctly.

You should switch to using filter.fir_filter, which exists in 3.6.5.1.
It will help future-proof you when moving up GNU Radio versions.
Getting the taps here right after creating the filter will work fine
in this implementation.

Tom