Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rtl sdr

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rtl sdr
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:57:17 -0600

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Andrew Rich <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok I have open suse Linux
>
> I have gnu radio
>
> I have rtl sdr dongle
>
> I have been using gqrx rx
>
> What can I do to get to know gnu radio
>
> Something simple
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

That question is a little too broad to receive a very meaningful
answer, but I'll try. Saying you want to get to know GNU Radio implies
you're interested in coding or assembling flowgraphs to possibly make
an application. Are you looking for an issue with the GNU Radio
codebase to get in to contributing, or making applications?

I see from your website you made an ADS-B receiving station, so if
that interests  you there's Nick Foster's ADS-B receiver, or his AIS
receiver for ships.

Nathan