Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] set_relative_rate

From: Miklos Maroti
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] set_relative_rate
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 22:14:08 +0100

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the answer! I have considered both approach already. What
you are saying is that set_relative_rate cannot capture this scenario,
so it is impossible to set different relative rates, right?

Where exactly are the relative rates used in gnuradio core? Only for
the buffer size calculations or are they also used during runtime?

By the way, the vector approach does not scale ideally: if I increase
the size of vectors (to 100000 samples) or use set_output_multiple
with that large value then the performance of the block is degraded,
and I do not really understand why. If the block does pure streaming
(e.g. add) and does not require large quantities of data, then
everything works fine. I do not want to use messages, because the data
is processed (filtered, length changed, etc) along with other
transformations. Anyhow, what I am getting at that there is no good
way of processing very large blocks of data.

Miklos