[Discuss-gnuradio] Spectrum sensing with RLT-SDR on Android WITHOUT Gnu

From: Przemysław Pawełczak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spectrum sensing with RLT-SDR on Android WITHOUT Gnu Radio
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:37:34 +0100

Hello,

This is my first post to this mailing list and my apologies if I ask a lame/irrelevant question. Unfortunately, me and my hacking friend could not find the answer to the issue we are trying to solve (Google, etc.) so here is my post.

We want to implement the most fundamentally simple spectrum sensing algorithm (energy detector for example) directly on Android device, where our raw I/Q samples are gathered through RTL-SDR dongle (http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr).

Yes, we are aware of http://sdr.martinmarinov.info - but this is not what we want. What we want is a set of functions (FFT, etc.) that will do the signal processing/signal detection directly on Android. Thus - we don't want (wish we could) any Gnu Radio wrappers. Ideally - we look for Java-based implementation of the thing described above.

Thus - is there anything out there that we can use or we need to write all from scratch?

Best regards,
Przemek