|Subject:||[Discuss-gnuradio] Announcing GNU Radio Conference 2014 and Call for Presentations|
|Date:||Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:02:08 -0800|
I am happy and excited to announce the GNU Radio Conference 2014 and its associated Call for Presentations. Last year we received great feedback on the conference, and we expect the conference to be even better this year. Here are some highlights:
· Date: September 15-19, 2014
· Location: The District Architecture Center in Washington, DC (USA) – an interesting, modern event facility. Unlike previous conference values, we will be renting out an entire floor and will have access to several divided spaces that will allow us to add new components to the conference.
· Attendance: We are expecting to have somewhere between 120 and 150 attendees this year – a significant increase over past years.
· New Components: Hacker/demo space, poster session, ‘New Developers Day’ to attract new/beginner users, an open lounge for people to socialize and mingle.
· Daily Working Groups: We received a ton of positive feedback on the working groups we kicked off last year. To provide more opportunities for users to make contributions and interact with other developers, we will plan for working group sessions each day.
For more information, visit the GNU Radio Conference 2014 website. A preliminary agenda will be posted soon.
Call for Presentations and Tutorials
If you would like to showcase your latest work with GNU Radio or help spread your software-defined radio knowledge, please submit an abstract. The submission period will close on April 4, and we will announce the selected presentations on April 14. Michael Dickens and Tom Rondeau will be leading the selection process.
GNU Radio Conference Chair
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|