Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Libraries

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Libraries
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:44:51 -0600

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Usman Arshad <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to install uhd+gnuradio in my ubuntu 12.04 but in the
> initial step i am unable to install libboost.
> I've tried to install it with the command:
>
> sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
>
> and also tried to build it from tar.gz and install from synaptic but i am
> getting same error that:

>  libboost-all-dev : Depends: libboost-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-date-time-dev but it is not going to
> be installed
>                     Depends: libboost-filesystem-dev but it is not going to
> be installed
>                     Depends: libboost-graph-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-graph-parallel-dev but it is not going
> to be installed
>                     Depends: libboost-iostreams-dev but it is not going to
> be installed
>                     Depends: libboost-math-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-mpi-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-mpi-python-dev but it is not going to
> be installed
>                     Depends: libboost-program-options-dev but it is not
> going to be installed
>                     Depends: libboost-python-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-regex-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-serialization-dev but it is not going
> to be installed
>                     Depends: libboost-signals-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-system-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-test-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-thread-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>                     Depends: libboost-wave-dev but it is not going to be
> installed
>
> I've tried all i knew but could not find any solution to this problem.
> Please help me in this regard.
>
> Thanking in anticipation.
>
> --
> Usman Arshad
> Electrical (Telecom) Engineering
> National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)

Hi Usman,

My first step with this type of error is always to run apt-get install
--fix-missing $packagename.

If that doesn't work there's a pretty length process of things to try
in the selected answer of this question:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/140246/how-do-i-resolve-unmet-dependencies

Nathan