[Discuss-gnuradio] File source and seek()

From: trracer dangly
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] File source and seek()
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:38:01 +0100

Hello,

I am having some trouble getting the seek() function in the file source to work.

My program has a non-repeating file source, and a GUI button with the callback function set_button(). In the callback I have written the below code, which should reset the file source to the beginning of the file:

self.blocks_file_source_0.seek(0,0)

When I press the button before the file source has streamed to the end, the seek() works fine and resets the file source to the beginning. When I press the button after the file source has streamed to the end and stopped, the seek() does not work and nothing happens in the code. I suspect this has something to do with the scheduler thinking this block is done and ignoring it or deleting it or something, but I have been unable to get it working the way I want it to.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?