Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC 2014: Wireless Network in the loop

From: Otterbach, Nico
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC 2014: Wireless Network in the loop
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:23:25 +0100

Hi Asma,

this sounds very interesting, especially the implementation of new channel
models would be a great enhancement to the WiNeLo project (and, if implemented
as standard GR blocks, to GR in general). Concerning this matter - and as an
additional option - one could possibly also improve and extend the already
existing gr-channelsounder OOT (see
https://github.com/gbaier/gr_channelsounder).

Your second thought is also a great  idea, but to me it sounds more like a demo
application for the WiNeLo framework. I am really looking forward to see such
applications running on top of WiNeLo, but I think that we should invest all
the valuable development effort in the framework itself or the hardware and
channel models right now.

I am looking forward to read your opinion on these ideas!

Nico