Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Throttle question

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Throttle question
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 17:52:41 +0100

Hi,

> For testing purposes I use
> vector source (byte ) -> vector to stream -> throttle -> [blocks to test]
> In the vector source "repeat" is set to "yes" and the sample rate is set to
> 1024 ( and in the throttle block , too ).
>
> I would expect that the throttle delivers 1024 samples every second. But I
> see that the throttle delivers 32768 bytes about every 32 seconds. ( Which
> is on average 1024 samples per second ).
> Is this the expected behavior or should the samples be delivered  every
> second ?

Excpected I wouldn't say so, but there is no guarantee basically. Only
long term average rate is correct, the rest is kind of up to the OS
scheduler that says when thread runs ...

At every iteration of the work() function, the block will let as much
sample pass depending on the time since the last call.
But for very very low rates (like 1k/s) that's probably not going to
go over very well because things tend to be processed by "block".

Cheers,

    Sylvain