Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with "TCP Source" module in the client mo

From: Tommy Tracy II
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with "TCP Source" module in the client mode
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:52:19 -0400

Dear Martin,

Sorry for the delayed response. My code is all written in C++; I am not using the GRC. These canvasses; are they separate top blocks?

Sincerely,
Tommy James Tracy II
Ph.D Student
High Performance Low Power Lab
University of Virginia
Phone: 913-775-2241

On Mar 4, 2014, at 3:03 AM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

On 03.03.2014 17:57, Igor Volodin wrote:
Hi all!

I am trying to build following simple scheme:

Signal source --> TCP Sink (server mode)  <---- TCP Source (client mode)
--> GUI Scope Sink

It's strange but this simple scheme isn't working.

Are you running both sub-flowgraphs in the same GRC canvas? I just tried this in 2 canvases and it works. It *should* work from one, but I'm not sure GRC is setting things up right.

In any case, try 2 canvases.

sockstat shows me:

USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
igor     python2.7  56206 11 tcp4   10.21.32.6:21950 10.21.32.6:12000

Looks like communication between tcp sink and tcp source blocks has been
established, but tcpdump doesn't show any packets

I decided to check first part of my scheme (Signal source + TCP Sink),
and connected using netcat utility to the tcp sink port. All looks OK,
the values come as expected.

Can anybody explain, why this simple scheme doesn't work?

Best regards,
Igor