Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.15.4 transmitted signal structure

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.15.4 transmitted signal structure
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:23:44 +0100

> Bastian Bloessl-2 wrote
>> The wideband signal is the packet. Actually, it should be terminated with
>> a tx_eob tag. Do you see any ‘U’s on you console? AFAIK, if the packet
>> does not end with an tx_eob tag you might see the oscillator as narrow
>> band signal.
>
> Yes I see 'U's on the console. However I am not sure that the implementation
> contain such element (tx_eob).
> I've checked the mac.cc code but did not found something referring to a tag
> or end of burst.
>
> May be that's why I may see that narrow band signal. If may understanding is
> correct that should be fixed right and I should add such tag in the packet
> structure.

You have to open the PHY block. The pdu_to_tagged_stream block inserts a
“pdu_length” tag. Later the burst_tagger block inserts tx_sob and tx_eob tags
based on the pdu_length tag. You can use the tag_debug block to see where
things go wrong. Also check the tag names in the blocks parameter.

> But If for example I try to use 0.5 as value (blocks.multiply_vcc(0.5)) I
> got this error:
> TypeError: in method 'multiply_cc_make', argument 1 of type 'size_t'

I think you want something like
blocks.multiply_const_vcc((.5,))