[Discuss-gnuradio] Solution for SegFault with Lock / Unlock in 3.7 C++

From: Luke Berndt
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Solution for SegFault with Lock / Unlock in 3.7 C++
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:45:03 -0400

I was wondering if there has been any progress or work arounds for Bug 598 in 3.7?

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/598

The issue is the GnuRadio will segfault if there are too many Lock / Unlocks.
I am having it happen after 6 - 10 lock/unlocks.

My program is a C++ program that records trunked radio calls and I need to be able to dynamically connect / disconnect recording flowgraphs as new calls are started. The program works fine under 3.6.

I was wondering if there are any work arounds I should try. I have tried using tb->stop,  tb->wait, tb->start, but it still crashes. Is there some other way to dynmically connect & disconnect blocks that doesn't require lock / unlock?

Is there an ETA when this would be fixed? Anything I can help on? I am going to have to go back to 3.6 if I can't figure out a solution.

Thanks!

 - Luke