[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: gr-drm for GNU Radio 3.7 available

From: Felix W.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: gr-drm for GNU Radio 3.7 available
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:28:02 +0200

Forgot to include the mailing list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Felix W. <address@hidden>
Date: 2014-03-31 10:20 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-drm for GNU Radio 3.7 available
To: Jordan Johnson <address@hidden>

About the "no module named drm" error: Obviously the needed library is not found. Normally, a "sudo ldconfig" should solve this, but only if it can find it. So your library has to be placed somewhere in the standard paths like "usr/local/lib", where also the other GNU Radio libraries are located. Looking at the man page of "ldconfig" it seems that you can also give it a path to your shared library. Maybe that's already enough.

Because you couldn't execute the hierarchical blocks the respective files were not generated and this is why they are missing when you open the transmitter flow graph. GRC is just telling you that the MLC blocks are missing and therefore it can't connect them to the adjacent blocks.

To sum it up: Try to find out where the working GNU Radio files such as XML files and shared libraries are placed and install the DRM stuff there. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the differences between Arch and Ubuntu so I'm sorry that I can't give you more detailed instructions.

Keep me posted about your progress!

Shoulda figured. Arch likes to put things in /usr/local/share as opposed to /usr/local.  Has caused problems with some programs in the past. However, it looks like it put things in several wrong spots. As running the heir-blocks graphs gets me this:

"No module named drm"

No missing blocks there, DRM section appears.

On top of it, on opening the transmitter flowgraphs, I am confronted with this:

>>> Error: Block key "drm_mlc_16qam_vbvc" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "drm_mlc_64qam_sm_vbvc" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "drm_mlc_4qam_vbvc" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Connection between drm_mlc_64qam_sm_vbvc_0(0) and drm_interleaver_vcvc_0(0) could not be made.
    source block id "drm_mlc_64qam_sm_vbvc_0" not in block ids
>>> Error: Connection between drm_scrambler_vbvb_0(0) and drm_mlc_64qam_sm_vbvc_0(0) could not be made.
    sink block id "drm_mlc_64qam_sm_vbvc_0" not in block ids
>>> Error: Connection between drm_scrambler_vbvb_0_1(0) and drm_mlc_16qam_vbvc_0(0) could not be made.
    sink block id "drm_mlc_16qam_vbvc_0" not in block ids
>>> Error: Connection between drm_mlc_16qam_vbvc_0(0) and cell_mapping_vcvc_0(1) could not be made.
    source block id "drm_mlc_16qam_vbvc_0" not in block ids
>>> Error: Connection between drm_scrambler_vbvb_0_0(0) and drm_mlc_4qam_vbvc_0_0(0) could not be made.
    sink block id "drm_mlc_4qam_vbvc_0_0" not in block ids
>>> Error: Connection between drm_mlc_4qam_vbvc_0_0(0) and blocks_stream_to_vector_0_0(0) could not be made.
    source block id "drm_mlc_4qam_vbvc_0_0" not in block ids

...should I re-make with different locations?