Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER and OFDM

From: Piotr Potocki
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER and OFDM
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:40:01 +0200

Hi,
Some time ago I also tested this ofdm_loopback file and i figure out that is good to use additional noise source (simulate the channel but also add AWGN).
I don't know if this is a proper way of simulating OFDM Tx/Rx but it can be some hint.

Best regards,
Piotr Potocki

On 04/08/2014 02:43 PM, MegaDuzera wrote:
> I already tried the new blocks....
>
> The BER results are wrong, it gives me a value of "0.00000 Units" always

With an Eb/N0 of 30 dB, that's what I'd expect. For other cases, I don't
think your setup works, because of the packet-based nature of the OFDM
transceiver (what happens if the demod doesn't find a packet?).

Martin