[Discuss-gnuradio] Where to start in learning to develop and contribute

From: Ken Adams
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where to start in learning to develop and contribute to GNU Radio?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:16:17 -0700

I recently graduated with my degree in Computer Engineering, and the GNU Radio project is by far the most complex thing I've desired to work on. I'm looking for tips on how to get started learning GNU Radio from the ground up, build custom modules, and help develop the source.

For example, an known issue that I would like to eventually be able to work on is solving Message Passing blocks not terminating from head block (and similar) termination.

So my question is, what type of road map should I construct for learning the in's and out's of gnu radio, from custom module writing, all the way down to the scheduler. I have the absolute basics down (writing blocks in python) and will move to the C API next. But I'm not sure on where to start understanding the foundation of how it all works together.

Through my journey, I'm looking to improve the Documentation of GNU Radio so it is easy for new people to join the project.

Ken