[Discuss-gnuradio] Understanding c++ code

From: Sara Chérif
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Understanding c++ code
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 16:18:47 +0200

I installed GNU RADIO from this link
http://blogs.bu.edu/mhirsch/2012/07/installing-gnu-radio-in-ubuntu-12-04-x64/comment-page-1/
I want to test some blocks & see their output to understand them more and more.
for example I opened additive_scrambler_bb  c++ codes in terminal to understand but I want to see how some parameters change in code when running it .
how to output these parameters in terminal ? Can I write in code "cout" like any c++code?
And do I have to build gnuradio again even if I will erase all my modifications in code (I don't want these modifications permanently I want only to output all parameters to understand the block)

I did the following:
editing it using  vim ./additive_scrambler_bb_impl.cc
running it to see the output on terminal using   ./additive_scrambler_bb_impl.cc

but when I ran it in terminal I got this message:
bash: ./additive_scrambler_bb_impl.cc: Permission denied

Thanks