Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Best way to output decoded data to user

From: Francois Gervais
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Best way to output decoded data to user
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:41:00 -0400

In this scenario would the message passing interface be the best input type?

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/15/2014 06:18 PM, Francois Gervais wrote:
> Well I'm thinking if I'm about to print text to user it's better if it's
> part of the GUI than having some of the information on the GUI and some
> on the underneath console. That way it looks more like a self contained
> app to me.

And you're right. But maybe a 'terminal' sink isn't what we want, but
rather a graphical tag/message debug/dump block?

Martin

Yeah, that sounds better to me. Or just a multi-line text box as a gui widget. It shouldn't be difficult for someone to take the QT Number Sink block and convert that to a multiline text output (and remote the QwtThermo widget). Have the number of lines be a constructor parameter and be able to resize it at runtime.

Tom