Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ctest -V segfault, coredump reveals nothing

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ctest -V segfault, coredump reveals nothing
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:49:55 -0500

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Kiran Karra <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Any chance you can share the code?
>

> I will try to get some approval here to release, however it may be a bit of
> time before I am allowed to do that unfortunately.
>

>>> Try and remove the .xml-file output from the test and run again. Maybe
>
> it's a problem of persistence?
>
> I tried this just now, still seg faulting but thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Any ideas as to why I can't see a stacktrace in GDB even though I rebuilt
> the code with debug symbols?  That seems strange to me.  Tim suggested that
> perhaps this is due to ctest swallowing the segfault as a fail in the test
> ... and I think that is actually what is happening, because I see ctest move
> onto the next test.  I looked at ctest help but didn't find a way for it to
> not swallow the segfaults... does anybody have any ideas here?
>
> Thanks again,
> Kiran

Sounds plausible. Ctest is actually just running a shell script. You
can try running that script through gdb. The name of the script will
be printed near the top of ctest -V. Alternatively you should be able
to find it in
$build/modname/python/namespace/qa_whatever_your_test_is_called.sh;
an example for gr-digital:
build/gr-digital/python/digital/qa_mpsk_snr_est_test.sh

Nathan