Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] continue the Installation

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] continue the Installation
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:42:08 +0200

Hi Sara,

sorry to disappoint you, but the build-gnuradio script was never meant
to deal with interrupted installs.

Honestly, fix your laptop. You don't have any fun signal processing
with a device shutting down in the middle of heavy workload.

Greetings,
Marcus

On 19.04.2014 00:26, Sara Chérif wrote:
> I am installing GNURADIO from this link
>
> http://blogs.bu.edu/mhirsch/2012/07/installing-gnu-radio-in-ubuntu-12-04-x64/comment-page-1/
>

> <http://blogs.bu.edu/mhirsch/2012/07/installing-gnu-radio-in-ubuntu-12-04-x64/comment-page-1/>

I have one Question : If my Laptop shut down suddenly due to overheating
> or  anything . How to continue the installing from the point it has
> reached before the laptop shut down?? As every time my Lap shut
> down , I restart it again and I write the command
> :<http://blogs.bu.edu/mhirsch/2012/07/installing-gnu-radio-in-ubuntu-12-04-x64/comment-page-1/>
>
>  wget http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio && chmod a+x
> ./build-gnuradio && ./build-gnuradio --verbose
>
> in terminal. But it installs everything from beginning and
> downloads all folders again  ! even if It was in the building step
> before the Lap shut down!
>
> <http://blogs.bu.edu/mhirsch/2012/07/installing-gnu-radio-in-ubuntu-12-04-x64/comment-page-1/>

Thanks