Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase errors and expected behavior of in-flight s

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase errors and expected behavior of in-flight samples when a flowgraph is reconfigured
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:19:42 -0700

On Apr 21, 2014, at 7:35, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:

> During reconfiguration, any connect/disconnect that occurs removes the
> buffers and adds new ones, therefore losing any data you had between those
> blocks. This was the specification of the reconfiguration process when it was
> built.

That makes sense (though I could imagine uses for other behaviors). Thanks.

What about blocks other than "those blocks", that is, buffers in connections
that are _not_ modified by a given reconfiguration? Are those intended to be
kept or discarded (I would hope kept)?

I ask because the behavior I am seeing could be explained by them being
inconsistently kept or discarded.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>