[Discuss-gnuradio] Finding max index in a vector

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finding max index in a vector
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:32:21 -0400

How do I find the index of the max value in a vector from GRC?
The max_xx block outputs the max value, but not its
index, despite what it's documentation says:

"Data is passed in as a vector of length from multiple input sources. It will look through these streams of data items and output two streams. Stream 0 will contain the index value in the vector where the maximum value occurred."

I checked the code template for max (GR v3.7.3), and it doesn't even
seem to retain the index of the max it reports.