Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR330 configure doesn't find usb.h

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR330 configure doesn't find usb.h
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 22:42:29 -0400

On 04/27/2014 10:31 PM, Michael Carter wrote:
Hi Marcus.

Thanks, yes that seems to be bearing itself out so far.
I'm fairly certain that if I can get the code that "came along for the ride" installed, then I'll be set.

So the issue is still why the makefiles don't detect usb.h and libusb even though they're installed.

Is there a trick I need to use to let the configure script know that it's there?

thanks.

On a modern distro, libusb is likely to be libusb-1 series, whereas this stuff was originally written for libusb-0.12 or something like that.

Gnu Radio itself moved on to using CMake quite a long time ago, so there is decreasing "community memory" about how those autotool
  configure scripts worked....